[ale] Ubuntu sound?

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 06:57:13 EDT 2020

Ubuntu uses pulse audio.  I would suggest downloading pulse volume control-
check that the mike you want to use is selected as default input- and you
can tell then and there if it's getting a signal into the system.   You
should see the volume meter bounce if you talk or sing or whatever you do
to check your mic.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59 AM Boris Borisov via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> You should be able to record audio in audacity or any other
> recording software.
>
> If you want we can do jitsi meeting on random room to discuss that in
> realtime.
>
> I'm not working until 2pm. Little time to spare.
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020, 11:21 AM Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Or just simple audacity software
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020, 11:13 AM Bob via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>>

>>> I've used obs studio to record video and audio:
>>>
>>> https://obsproject.com/
>>>
>>> You can select which microphone to use.
>>>
>>> --Bob

>>> <snip>

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people
always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can
become great.”

― Mark Twain