[ale] Music server options

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 17:20:10 EST 2020

Happy New Year, all!

Ok, reaching out to the hive mind for some ideas:

I want to have a server for my music at home, such that I can have multiple
streams going to different devices (phones, tablets, laptops) at the same
time - so each person can stream to their phone their faves, and the stereo
can me streaming the appropriate holiday tunes.

I've found several for remote control of music playing on a single machine
(mopidy, in prep for a RPi adjunct to my home stereo), and the various
media servers (Plex, Kodi, etc) but I do not see where those can stream to
generic devices - they seem to require a mobile app on the client end,
which is not what I want; although I may simply be misunderstanding their
documentation?

--
Pete Hardie
--------