[ale] UEFI vs BIOS understanding

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Dec 21 09:08:09 EST 2020

On 12/20/20 8:26 PM, David Jackson wrote:

>> Plus, isn't the EFI support in hypervisors a little flaky?
>
> Good question.  I've only been using Virtualbox from the latest Arch
> linux, and I've only been working on this installation script for a
> couple of months.  I haven't noticed any obvious flakiness.  What
> kind of flakiness would you be on the look out for?

I haven't used vbox in about 8 yrs, since KVM+libvirt became stable
and fast. I may have tried UEFI for a VM once long ago out of
curiosity, but haven't looked at it since.  Why fix things that
aren't broke?

Someday, systemd and pulseaudio will be "fixed" by removal, which
would be good. Read that pulseaudio is being replaced. 15 years
seeking stability and failing is much too long.

We are getting beyond my knowledge on UEFI stuff, which isn't hard.