[ale] Multi-Monitor Behavior

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 15:41:24 EST 2020

Interesting.
I have a gnome laptop with 2 external monitors. They are arranged as a single large monitor so my laptop is the center of the 3.

If the entire pile goes to sleep, it all returns to normal when I wake it up. If I hibernate, unplug all external screens and wake it up, all apps are local on laptop as I expect. I can replug externals and move apps back and it remembers on next wake up.

Sometimes the apps will start up on the correct screen after reboot if all screens are live when gnome starts.

Both monitors and laptop are Dell. The monitors are same size and resolution but different models.

--
Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool