[ale] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Georgia Absentee voting request

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:17:21 EDT 2020

Maybe have some really hard rules. Like must pass the naturalization test to run for, or be appointed to, federal office.

Maybe a requirement that the only investment elected/appointed federal folks are allowed to hold are US Treasury bonds and literal cash in a vault and only the house they are registered to vote from. Entire family as well. It's about service.

On August 27, 2020 10:11:25 PM EDT, DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>On 8/27/20 4:07 PM, Jim Kinney via Ale wrote:
>> Or must win with 50% plus 1 vote of eligible voters. Not just those
>> that show up.
>>
>> There's several rank choices variations that poly-sci people like but
>> politicians don't. So that must mean we need it!!
>>

>The problem with this is that it further enforces the 2-party system
>we have now, so people unhappy with both parties are unrepresented.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

"no government by experts in which the masses do not have the chance to inform the experts as to their needs can be anything but an oligarchy managed in the interests of the few.” - John Dewey