[ale] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Georgia Absentee voting request

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:30:00 EDT 2020

If the ballot is taken out in hands of the voter, it's usable a proof they voted as they were paid to vote.

In theory, the paper ballot now still exists and can be used manually to verify the electronic count.

The issue I still see is the same company writes all the software; for the counting equipment and for the touchpad ballot printer. I want every line of that code published in journals and studied the way NASA writes code for controlling rocket motors.

On August 27, 2020 7:11:11 AM EDT, Jerald Sheets via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Here in Cobb County they produce a paper ballot when you cast, but then
>you insert it into a machine and it’s gone fro your possession at that
>point.
>
>I don’t see why its so difficult to just give it to you if you already
>cast it in an electronic system.  They could bar-code it to assert its
>authenticity and everything.
>
>Why don’t voting machine companies think outside the box?
>

>-=j
>
>> On Aug 26, 2020, at 1:29 PM, DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>>

>> I won't be using any Georgia voting machine that doesn't provide
>> paper output.

"no government by experts in which the masses do not have the chance to inform the experts as to their needs can be anything but an oligarchy managed in the interests of the few.” - John Dewey