[ale] upgrading desktop

Bob bobabc at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 3 06:58:34 EDT 2020

Hi Steve,

The specifications say that it is backwards compatible with earlier
versions of SATA and supports speeds of 6.0 gbs, 3.0 gbs, and 1.5 gbs.

Is it clear that the speeds would be 6.0 gbs on an old motherboard that
does not support SATA III, or would it just default to the fastest speed
supported by the old motherboard?

Even if it were to bump things up to 6.0 gbs, I've been convinced that
there's not much point in doing upgrades that are restricted to my old
desktop.

--Bob