[ale] Qubit vs bit

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Sun Aug 2 21:55:27 EDT 2020

Hi. It’s not just on, off, or both.

They use probability “amplitudes” to describe superpositions, but ignoring
that, think about regular probabilities: 30% on and 70% off; or 100% on and
0% off; or sqrt(2)% on and 1 - sqrt(2) % off—infinite possibilities.

The value is really flexible. The storage, transmission, and measurement is
tricky. Gates are not that bad, I think.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>