[ale] OT: ESP8266

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Wed Apr 29 16:41:46 EDT 2020

Haha! Yes, the ESP8266 is a fun board to play with.  In answer to your
question about the modem… From my C64 view, its been done and documented:

https://1200baud.wordpress.com/2017/03/04/build-your-own-9600-baud-c64-wifi-modem-for-20/

https://medium.com/@gozdnijezek/c64-wifi-modem-user-port-by-sven-petersen-commodore-wifi-modem-21ab0eed411d

https://www.cbmstuff.com/proddetail.php?prod=WiModemOLED

https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/WLAN

I don’t have a wifi modem yet. I have a Pi1541, SD UIEC, and a ZoomFloppy…
a little faster than 9600 baud. Haha!

Get hacking! :)

/Raj