[ale] Firewall convo

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Apr 10 01:23:07 EDT 2020

OPT1 and OPT2 would be additional network interfaces so you could
physically segment your network.  Send all your computers out LAN,
connect the IOT stuff to OPT1, connect the gaming systems to OPT2, etc.
 Then just fix up the iptables/nftables rules to route the traffic
around as desired.

A device like this was my choice if my ISP ever provides faster service
than what I have now.  I happened to have the Pi on hand to replace my
old WRT54G because it was sufficient for my slow ISP (4 up/25 down).