[ale] Firewall convo

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Apr 9 12:23:07 EDT 2020

No subscription required for the ER-X.  I have one and I have an RPi set
up as my main firewall.  Both work fine.

The ER-X is most certainly an appliance.  It can also be powered by
passive 24V PoE if that is useful (it doesn't do 802.11af/at at this time).

Depending on the data flowing through be cautious about Banana and
Orange.  At work someone tried out one of those (I think a Banana) and
discovered that it was phoning back to some IP even though the OS was
installed fresh.