[ale] Ubiquiti Networks Sending "Telemetry" back to HQ

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Thu Nov 7 18:38:08 EST 2019

I use a Ubiquiti UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus to manage my UniFi networks. It's
cloud enabled and lets me manage my customer UniFi installations from my
phone or from my computer, remotely. I guess I'm not really worried because
the Ubiquiti UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus is registered on Ubiquiti's network
and I can pull statistics as well.    Being able to remotely manage a UniFi
network 500 miles away is a big time saver for me. The telemetry data has
helped me on many occasions diagnose various issues.

If you think about it, don't all "cloud enabled" devices have to phone home
and report something to the mothership?

/Raj