[ale] System Load Summary Script?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Jun 26 16:55:04 EDT 2019

I use monitoring.

Monit or munin or something else to capture everything needed every few
minutes.  With the graphs, you can quickly see if something changed the
last week, month, quarter or year.  You already have the data, just need
to look at it.  If you don't do the monitoring, there isn't anyway to be
proactive that I know to recognize issues besides whatever ends up in a
logfile and gets parsed.  By that point, it is way too late.

Alarming is different than monitoring.  If the tool you use can't be
tweaked NOT to alarm on system-normal behavior, then you need a better tool.

None of these things is install and forget. They require configuration
and tweaks from a professional admin.  Sorry.