[ale] printer recommendation needed

neal at mnopltd.com neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Jul 31 14:38:15 EDT 2019

We replaced our Dell laser with a Brother MFC-J5830DW all-in-one and
couldn't be happer.  Print, single and double sided,  Print up to 11x17
single sided, copy, scan a whole freakin' stack of paper to PDF, email
me the PDF,  Feed documents, copy a page from a book.    Prints from
Centos fine, although the Centos driver can do landscape.

The ink tanks are large and the print cost per page is minimal.

You say you can always go out to the store to print a picture, but...
why not have that ability when you need it for a little more up front.
It's also nice to be able to print a map 11x17 without any drama.

Neal