[ale] printer recommendation needed

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jul 31 11:25:17 EDT 2019

Hi,

I had a Xerox Workcenter laser (can't tell you the model number right
now) which worked well, except it started ghosting and jamming on
printing pictures.

I've currently got an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw which I got from
Costco.  It works from Mac and Linux just fine (although you need a
recent version of Linux to recognize it).  It works well, except that I
find it falls off the wifi frequently.  I suspect that once I can plug
it into Ethernet it'll be more stable on the network, but I wont be able
to test that until the end of the year.

Good Luck,

-derek

David Askew via Ale <ale at ale.org> writes:

> I’ve not had a printer in a long time, but my wife needs one.  Anyone
> recommend printers that work cross platform and well?  Windows, Mac
> and Linux support all needed.
>
> Any particular brands typically	work better than others?
>
> Is this stuff already documented somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745