[ale] Programming, Security+, Continuing Education

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:27:34 EST 2019

Some jobs require workers to have a current Security+ (CE) certification.
Setting aside the logic and accepting the fact, every three years one must
get 50 hours of "Continuing Education" to keep the certification active.

https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/learn/earn-continuing-education-units

I've transitioned my career from "sysadmin" to "programmer" and would like
to find relevant training that helps me code better, code more securely,
and meets the requirements for Security+ Continuing Education. The limiting
factor is that funding will likely come from my pocket.

https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/choose/renewing-with-multiple-activities/training-and-higher-education

Anyone know of low or no cost training that would meet the criteria? While
my current focus is Perl, general programmer or security training is
helpful.

Thanks!

Leam