[ale] SuSE disk volumes?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jan 11 12:15:41 EST 2019

Jeff Hubbs via Ale <ale at ale.org> writes:

> I haven't messed with btrfs subvolumes yet so I don't get some of the
> discussion here, but in its most basic usage what you say here is true

I've got a FreeNAS box using ZFS; a ZFS volume can be thin or not
depending on how it's configured.  You can carve out e.g. a 1Tb volume
from the zpool and it'll pull it completely.  Or you can create a
volume with a quota of 1Tb but it's sharing space with it's parent.

In my case it doesn't really make a significant difference.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745