[ale] [OT] Wifi router time again

lnxgnome lnxgnome at hopnet.net
Wed Dec 11 20:22:41 EST 2019

Well, in that case :)   ASUS AC1900 (RT-AC68U).  It's a older 3x3 dual
band that'll push 1.3gbs on the 5GHz band at about 6-8ft (one sits on a
shelf above my workspace).  I usually see 850+ mbs in a 1400 sq ft
ranch.  Caveat, I have two, equally spaced out in the house and they are
run the AIMesh with a wired backhaul.  I had one older unit that didn't
quite cover the house, then NewEggBusiness had them on sale for $70 back
in June, so I bought two more (one is still in the box, destined for the
finished basement ... if it ever gets finished).  They now sell them in
a pair/kit for $250, or as a single for $143.  If you can wait, look for
another sale.

On the other hand, I tried out the "ASUS AX6100 (RT-AX92U 2 pack)" kit
when they first came out, shortly before buying the new RT-AC68U, and
sent them back after playing with them for 2-3 weeks.  Definitely not
worth the $400 investment.