[ale] Local File Storage options

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Fri Aug 2 12:55:57 EDT 2019

Jim K's options are all very good.

At work, I usually build a Linux file server and install Samba for the Windows servers. The Linux servers access the shares via NFS.

I went the easy way for home and got a QNAP NAS (Synology is also good) so that I can access all of my files on Windows and Linux. FreeNAS, QNAP, Synology, etc... are great multiprotocol file servers.

/Raj