[ale] IBM is buying Redhat!

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Mon Oct 29 10:46:54 EDT 2018

It isn't so much about "Security" as it is a about ability and
willingness to execute.
If "Super Mega Agency" discovers a problem that is not yet fixed with a
publicly available patch, they call up Red Hat/Oracle/SUSE, and someone
literally creates a patch for the issue especially for them, does the
requisite testing, documents it, and stands behind it. We've done this
process with SUSE multiple times as a university.  We are a big enough
customer that they immediately dedicated the resources to do this.
If that occurs with Debian or something similar, what are they to do?
Take to IRC and beg a developer for help?
Allen B.