[ale] IBM is buying Redhat!

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Oct 29 09:40:28 EDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 09:24:13AM -0400, Simba via Ale wrote:
> In the real world, everything you said is wrong.

[ Citation needed ]

> If you don't want to be wrong about everything all the time you should
> avoid making sweeping generalizations about hundreds of millions or
> billions of unique individual people.

Right back at you.

You seem to be confusing "the way I think things should be" with "the
way things actually are."  Including blithely dismissing customer
requirements.  That's not how you win business, no matter what field
you're in.

What works at a small scale is unworkable at larger scales.

Meanwhile.  In my nearly twenty years in this field, I've done
consulting/contract work for about fifteen, including three of mostly
DoD-related work. Since 2013 I've worked directly for a billion-dollar
enterprise.

So forgive me for thinking I have an inkling for how large organizations
actually think and operate.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^