[ale] DIY NAS vs Boxed NAS?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Nov 30 18:50:44 EST 2018

That was one of my considerations as well.  Boxed units have compact
cases (with the drawer slides for the drives) which seems to be hard to
replicate with conventional cases that tend to cover multiple use cases
(general purpose desktop, gaming machine, etc.) so a conventional case
tends to have unused space.