[ale] Ergonomic keyboard that generates <alt>-F1 commands?

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Thu May 24 10:12:16 EDT 2018

Which MS keyboard?  I'm typing on an MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0, KU-0462, 07/2017 right now, using Ubuntu 16.04.3; and ctrl-alt-Fx works from X (xfce4), alt-Fx works from console.  You *do* have to switch they keys from 'help', 'undo', etc to F1, F2 - use the 'F Lock' key just to the right of Print/F12 to toggle.  Mine has an LED at the very bottom which needs to be ON for the F keys to work.

later!
   horkan