[ale] CRITICAL LINUX FLAW OPENS THE DOOR TO FULL ROOT ACCESS (RHE)

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue May 22 18:27:54 EDT 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 21:28:46 +0000
"Lightner, Jeffrey" <JLightner at dsservices.com> wrote:

> From the original article:
> "Red Hat has patched a vulnerability affecting the DHCP client
> packages that shipped with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7."
>
> RHEL6 does NOT have systemd though RHEL7 does.    I think his
> "sticking to the facts" line was because you seemed to want to lay
                                               ^^^^^^
I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

> this at the feet of systemd

My original post said:

So I let others say it. And isn't it interesting that the botched
shellscript and systemd are from the same folks, and they're the
folks who have no problem at all with bringing complexity to
GNU/Linux (soon to be systemd/Linux).

I laid the blame on Redhat, not on one of their software projects. And
I mentioned they're the same folks who gave us systemd. And in a later
post I mentioned that perhaps if they weren't spending a fortune on a
dev team for systemd, they might have found this bug earlier.

> everything from dog mange to Obamacare.   Not liking systemd is your
> right as is expressing that OPINION.   Blaming things on systemd that
> have nothing to do with it just loses one credibility.

I didn't blame systemd. I blamed Redhat, and brought up one of their
past bad acts.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2018 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28