[ale] CRITICAL LINUX FLAW OPENS THE DOOR TO FULL ROOT ACCESS (RHE)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun May 20 18:32:21 EDT 2018

A generic large tool to implement a simple task. Sounds like systemd to me

:-)

Of course but that requires a run on ALL machines. By simply changing ttl on the dhcp server to 5 minutes, waiting 24 hours, make the change, wait 5 minutes, test, change ttl to 24 hours.

On May 20, 2018 10:00:10 AM EDT, Steve Litt via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>On Thu, 17 May 2018 13:47:33 -0400
>Jim Kinney via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2018-05-17 at 13:12 -0400, Solomon Peachy via Ale wrote:
>> > On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:46:12AM -0400, DJ-Pfulio via Ale wrote:
>> >
>> In the article, they talk about servers and mysql ... who would run
>> those on dhcp? Serious question - who and why?
>>

>> > In networks I've administered, everything but the DHCP server and
>> > the core routers has their (static!) addresses assigned via DHCP.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Makes network changes easy
>
>Couldn't you accomplish the same thing using Puppet, Chef or Ansible?
>

>SteveT
>
>Steve Litt
>June 2018 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
>http://www.troubleshooters.com/28

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.