[ale] CRITICAL LINUX FLAW OPENS THE DOOR TO FULL ROOT ACCESS (RHE)

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu May 17 11:36:13 EDT 2018

I guessing because he cut & pasted the headline from the article. No big deal.
I'm curious, though, the article and the CERT advisory only reference Red Hat 6 & 7.
There's no CVE number and they don't mention any other distributions.
Is this a Red Hat only issue? Seems unlikely.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Lightner, Jeffrey via Ale" <ale at ale.org> 5/17/2018 11:30 AM >>>
And you're shouting because...?

As the article notes RedHat released patches already.   It also notes this is an issue only for systems that use dhcp and finally notes that one has to be on the same network with the machines in question.    The discussion notes this is more a user for laptop users on external wifi than for anything else.

CRITICAL LINUX FLAW OPENS THE DOOR TO FULL ROOT ACCESS

(Threatpost)

https://threatpost.com/critical-linux-flaw-opens-the-door-to-full-root-access/132034/
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo