[ale] Libre Office & Mac

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu May 10 11:44:25 EDT 2018

I really should have written it down at the time but apparently didn’t.  I don’t have that Mac to look at to remind me.

Today I found the suggestions about running xattr and trusting the app but my recollection was that even doing those at the time I finally figured out what I was clicking on was not the installed program but rather a local “virtual disk” it creates when you do the download.

This link is on the right track.
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/1171/how-do-i-install-an-application-from-a-dmg-disk-image

Based on what it says I *think* what I found at the time was the icon was a disk image (.dmg) file and I was able to drag the app to applications as it suggests.