[ale] ovirt is rapidly losing it's charm

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Mon May 7 12:17:44 EDT 2018

To add to that list, there's now a(nother?) crowd-funded open source alternative to XenServer called XCP-NG. It uses the open source Xen but packages it as an install ISO like XenServer without the limitations added by Citrix. It's pretty new but seems to have potential. I haven't installed it yet though.

https://xcp-ng.org/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/78495858/xcp-ng

It was initiated by the people behind Xen Orchestra, the web-based (partially?) open source XenServer admin tool. One of the most irritating things about XenServer is their GUI admin tools is Windows only, and the only Windows boxes we have are VMs on our XenServer, which can create a chicken-and-egg situation. This led me to use Xen Orchestra some years ago but I can do most of what I need command line now.

https://xen-orchestra.com/

Scott