[ale] Ouch for AMD

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:15:51 EDT 2018

Looks like it mostly requires a new firmware upload to ditch the spooks. Unless they brick the box. Kernel loads cpu firmware on boot up.

Not saying the design fail is ok. It's a blow for AMD but not a nightmare like what Intel just ate with meltdown.

The 24 hour notice was rather crappy and fuels the fire it was mostly for stock manipulation.

Anyone got any dirt on Apple? Amazon? Google?

On March 13, 2018 8:06:05 PM EDT, Alex Carver via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Doesn't mean the flaws don't exist in some form, just that they used
>the
>data for other purposes.
>
>On 2018-03-13 17:00, dev null zero two wrote:
>> non-story used for a reverse pump and dump scheme on AMD stock.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:59 PM Alex Carver via Ale <ale at ale.org>
>wrote:
>>
>>> Intel was hit hard by Meltdown and Spectre.  It was only a matter of
>>> time before AMD had its own problems.
>>>

>https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/03/a-raft-of-flaws-in-amd-chips-make-bad-hacks-much-much-worse/

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.