[ale] Multi-label names

lnxgnome lnxgnome at hopnet.net
Wed Mar 7 14:52:54 EST 2018

Regarding the term "multi-label"...

Multi-label names are routed to all local interfaces that have a DNS
server configured, plus the globally configured DNS server if there is
one. Address lookups from the link-local address range are never routed
to DNS.
(https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-resolved.service.html)

single-label host names (host names containing no dots)
(https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.network.html)

It would stand to reason that a "multi-label" name has dots.

If the IP info is Static (not DHCP), do you have a "DNS=" line in
systemd's resolved.conf ?
(https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/resolved.conf.html)

-LnxGnome