[ale] RED ALERT: SB 315 Roars Back to Life

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Tue Mar 6 23:08:38 EST 2018

Tomorrow (Wednesday March 7th) there will be a subcommittee meeting on
SB 315.

http://www.house.ga.gov/Documents/Agendas/Judiciary%20Non-Civil/030718setzlersub.pdf

I see two possible interpretations:

1) This could be just to authorize the committee meetings over the
summer in SR 929.

2) A substitute could be offered for SB 315.

#2 is obviously much worse for us.  The substitute could be better or
worse than the original.  The bill author does not have to present the
substitute until an hour before the meeting so we would not be able to
view any substitute ahead of time.

Notes:

(1) This is not a full committee meeting, so any substitute could NOT be
voted through all the way to the floor.

(2) We may not have any chance to speak on the bill, but should be
prepared to show up to let everyone know we are watching.

(3) If the bill changes, there would have to be a reconciliation process
with the Senate which slows the overall process of the bill down.

The Setzler Subcommittee will meet, Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 3:00 PM
in 606 CLOB.  Please join us if you can.

-Scott