[ale] Microsoft will make Ubuntu 18.04 a 'first-class guest' in Hyper-V

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Mar 1 17:07:35 EST 2018

You trying to INITiate an argument?

From: Jim Kinney [mailto:jim.kinney at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 5:00 PM
To: Lightner, Jeffrey; Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] Microsoft will make Ubuntu 18.04 a 'first-class guest' in Hyper-V

On Thu, 2018-03-01 at 20:46 +0000, Lightner, Jeffrey via Ale wrote:

I was just setting up a new Dell Inspirion laptop for a neighbor who bought it (she didn't ask me first).  I noticed the quick start pamphlet talks about what to do if using MS-Windows then talks about what to do if using Ubuntu.   I knew Dell had decided to support Ubuntu installations on laptops a few years back but it surprised me they'd have it in a "quick start" pamphlet.

She bought it at MicroCenter.   I don't know that they would sell any with Ubuntu pre-installed.   She of course got Windows 10.

Probably an upgrade from ubuntu's systemd

<runs and hides :>