[ale] UBuntu 17.10 EOL today

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Jul 20 16:04:09 EDT 2018

I've been enjoying openSUSE Tumbleweed. It uses a continual update method and doesn't have versions. I was afraid there would be a lot of conflicts as different software and libraries were updated at different times, but I've been using it for two years now without any of those kind of issues. It's been nice not having to deal with the major version update problem. I still have a Cent 5 box I need to wipe and reinstall that I've been putting off. Considering my fears about Tumbleweed, ironically it's a Cent 7 box that has been giving me package conflict problems.

I've never used Ubuntu though--If you want to go from 14 to 16 or 18, do you have to do a complete re-install, or will it upgrade cleanly?

--
Scott Plante