[ale] EFI dualboot play by play

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Wed Jul 18 14:34:21 EDT 2018

Looks good!

As time permits, check these out too:

'efibootmgr' is a linux program to check/add/delete/modify your efi boot entries and ordering.

'rEFInd' is an actual EFI boot manager - it finds all of the efi boot entries and other things that look like they might be efi bootable (most modern linux distro-supplied kernels) and offers 'em on a graphical menu at boot.

And here's a good tech-y description of the EFI boot process....
https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/

I did something similar w/ an Asus laptop recently.

later!
   horkan