[ale] Happy to subscribe

Raylynn Knight seca900rider at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:45:08 EDT 2018

The only reason the WRT54GL is no longer supported by OpenWRT is that it lack sufficient memory and storage capacity.  Current minimum recommendations for OpenWRT are 32MB of RAM and 8MB of storage (i.e. Flash).    Many  of the Linksys WRT54 family are still supported with downloads at https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/17.01.4/targets/brcm47xx/legacy/ and even a recent release candidate @ https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.0-rc1/targets/brcm47xx/legacy/.  I have 17.01.4 on a Linksys WRT54GS v2 and plan to update to 18.06 soon.

You might even be able to use the imagebuilder (https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/17.01.4/targets/brcm47xx/legacy/lede-imagebuilder-17.01.4-brcm47xx-legacy.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz) to pare down the installation so it would fit on the WRT54GL by removing the WebUI, IPv6 and some other packages.

Ray