[ale] VirtualBox Linux guest screen resolution

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sat Jan 27 22:53:53 EST 2018

I'm trying to install a linux gest into VirtualBox but the system has
assumed a very small virtual screen resolution.  This is actually the
second attempt at installing because the first one had the video mess up
after I installed the Guest Additions extensions.  I wanted KDE to run
but all of the KDE windows would disappear (worked fine before trying to
get the resolution right).

I'd appreciate suggestions for installing the guest and getting its
resolution correct on the first go.