[ale] Slightly OT: System default python version

Putnam, James M. putnamjm at sa.edu
Wed Jan 24 18:28:42 EST 2018

    Lots of, maybe most, of 2.7, and 3 are common. Some potentially useful
    things, like map and filter, are named the same but function very differently.
    Ideally 3 should have been a proper superset of 2.x, but Guido evidently
    decided differently, and it isn't.

    If he doesn't use any of the named-the-same-but-different features he
    can use either 2.7 or 3.

--
James  M. Putnam
Visiting Professor of Computer Science

The air was soft, the stars so fine,
the promise of every cobbled alley so great,
that I thought I was in a dream.