[ale] News: Red Hat slams into reverse on CPU fix for Spectre design blunder

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Thu Jan 18 11:12:50 EST 2018

So, my question at this point:
We haven't heard anything similar out of SUSE, and I haven't heard of
anything in the Debian/Ubuntu world?  Are we to assume we are "good" if
we have SUSE and Debian/Ubuntu systems patched up, and that it is just
the RHEL world that can't get their act together?  It seems to me that
we are likely to hear a "me too" out of the other vendors following Red
Hat's announcement.  Thoughts?  I'm going to pose the same question to a
SUSE heavy audience, see what I get, and report back . . .

Allen B.