[ale] Behind on your "Container Skills"

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 12:05:09 EST 2018

Devs LOVE containers. SysAdmins hate them. They are difficult to manage for updates (toss and rebuild) and most devs pull latest-greatest libs even though they are all right from git repo and not checked for problems. None of the security checks that exist for vm control work for containers and they leak like screen door on a submarine.

Good for development. Should be barred from production use.

On January 8, 2018 11:34:07 AM EST, DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>From the article, seems most enterprises still use VMs and real
>hardware
>for their production loads.  Containers are mostly used for development
>needs, not production.
>
>https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/08/container_shock_not_everybody_is_doing_it/

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.