[ale] slightly OT: what would you use to manage email forwarding lists for a non-profit?

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Feb 21 11:51:58 EST 2018

So our church really needs to build and maintain maybe 20-30 email lists
for youth group, bluegrass group, bell choir, chancel choir, study group
1, 3, 4, 5, mens group, soundTech group, etc.    So anyone can email to
the group name and not keep up with addresses.   This shouldn't be
hard.

Church uses Gmail for Business.    We tried setting up a gmail address,
and enabling Forwarding, and put in 12 address. BUT Gmail only allows 2
out of the 12 to be "in use" at any time.    So it looks like that's a
flop.     And it's kinda a PIA, as every address you put in, Gmail sends
them an email and they have to opt-in.     With some user populations,
that ain't never going to happen.

I've setup forwarding within my company Godaddy account, but that's not
easy enough to delegate to anyone.

Ideally, it should:

        - be useable by multiple people, like a handful
        - verify addresses are good via STMP but not require an opt-in
        - forward such that replies also get forwarded.
        - I don't want to host this somewhere and have to support it
        forever

Thoughts?  MailChimp came to mind, but I thus far have no experience
with it.

regards,

Neal