[ale] Gearing up for the future (wuz: boot speed, systemd, vi vs emacs, etc)

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Feb 19 12:42:00 EST 2018

RedHat's containerization platform is called Atomic (pre-CoreOS).  They moved that to Docker some time ago.   I'm pretty sure Atomic and CoreOS will converge.  I suspect they bought CoreOS because they weren't getting much of the older Atomic folks to move to the new and the folks that were using CoreOS weren't moving to Atomic at all.  We certainly weren't even though we use RHEL extensively for non-container systems.