[ale] Passwords displaying on multi-user system?

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:19:52 EST 2018

Well, by way of highjacking my own thread, I have to tell you a story. I
was taking a walk with my wife and our dog. We got about a half a block
from home and I saw a flying saucer hovering over our house. Clear as
could be. It was white with a greyish dome on the top. The thought
flashed through my mind, "Oh man, all these yers I've been making fun of
the people who believed in little green men. I am going to look so
stupid now. By the way, are we being invaded? Am I going to be lunch for
some reptilian humanoid?"

I pointed up at the thing and said, "Look at that thing hovering over
our house!" And my wife is like, "What? I don't see anything." I said,
"What? How can you not see that! That ... thing over our house?! The
flying saucer? You don't see that?"

So then I thought it had some kind invisibility screen that didn't work
on me for some reason. And then, at that moment, a slight change of
perspective snapped me back to reality and I realized it was just a cloud.

Its a funny story but it has been a huge problem for me over the years.
I cannot tell my wife anything unusual or surpriseing without her asking
if I'm sure this is not just another flying saucer-cloud.

--
Todd