[ale] Passwords displaying on multi-user system?

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:02:32 EST 2018

What do you all make of this report from an end user? The user is a grad
student who shares an office with several other students.  Right now,
there are 5 of them logged in, they've all failed to log out when they
walked away from the machine.

 > I was about to use the machine in my [shared] office just now, and had
 > to click "sign in as another user". In between that and the list of
 > usernames appearing, a black screen with white text on it popped up
 > for half a second tops. I noticed it showed my password in plain text,
 > and presumably some of the other text was other people's passwords.

The system is a fully updated ubuntu bionic system using lightdm for the
display manager.

--
Todd