[ale] Breaking into the field [Inquiry]

Arie vW willigen.van.a at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 11:52:15 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

Some of you may know me from the Sunday meet-ups at Harry's Pizza. I am
looking for input on how I might land my first Linux related job. My end
goal is to find myself in the role of a Junior Systems Administrator
somewhere within a few years.
With no technical background, my research has indicated that I must start
at the bottom, ie. Help Desk. It was also recommended that I look for any
position within a web hosting company, since nowadays these companies tend
to run Linux under the hood.
I am striving to learn as much as I can about Linux server implementation
and maintenance and wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any
suggestions on how I might get my foot in the door somewhere, or any other
insightful pieces of advice.

Thanks for you time,

Arie