[ale] Chromium Browser

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Sep 18 00:03:16 EDT 2017

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 20:13:50 -0400
John Jajeh <jpjajeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> I recently installed openSUSE on a virtual machine and wanted your
> opinions in regards to a suitable internet browser. I have always
> used many different google applications (gmail, google drive,
> YouTube, etc.) and was initially thinking of using Google Chrome over
> Firefox (due to the fluidity of the applications with that browser).
> However, I am aware of how laborious Chrome is on a computer in terms
> of ram, battery life, etc. After some research, I found out about
> Chromium, an open source version of Chrome. Has anyone used this
> specific browser for openSUSE or any other distro? If not, what other
> browser do you use?
>
> Much appreciated,
> John Jajeh

I use Chromium every day. All browsers suck: Chromium is one of the
less sucky browsers. I find firefox now so bloated that I can't use it
for more than 10 minutes at a time.

My experience has been that browsers go bad and then get good again, so
your choice of browsers is best viewed as something fluid.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr