[ale] Future-proofing a house for networking -- what to run?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue Sep 12 15:16:07 EDT 2017

The central software is not required to perform basic management of the
APs.  If you use their software it does not have to run continuously for
only management functions.  Select advanced features (e.g. captive
portal or statistics) require their software to run continuously though
there may be way saround that.

You could just have a VM handy with the software and spin it up as needed.