[ale] Mysql connection fail

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 12:24:23 EDT 2017

OK. Found the problem. There had been an update quite some time back.
Once I reran mysql_secure_installation again it started working
correctly.
Maybe it's just me but I'm NOT amused that a mandatory security update
to mysql-server unsecured the system silently and did not mention
anything about needing to resecure the database access after the
update. It allowed localhost anonymous access and reinstated the test
database.