[ale] Mysql connection fail

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:08:11 EDT 2017

It's all on one host. Can't cli as wordpress access from the only host mysql has ever known.

One other account can get in but it seems to be just a dumb user account with ability to adjust permission.

Google was not helpful. Related fails discussed /etc/hosts entries (methodically test all combos of localhost, 127.0.0.1, the host IP, host fqdm, short name) but that seems to have no impact.

On September 12, 2017 8:50:57 AM EDT, Leam Hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 09/12/2017 08:32 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> This was bugging me (until internet went out late yesterday).
>>
>> I can't connect to a mysql database from cli. The wordpress user can
>> from wordpress. But even as the wordpress user with proper
>credentials,
>> no cli access. Errors out with a user @localhost credential
>failed/not
>> allowed.
>>
>> That kind of horks a mysqldump.
>>
>> Tried ip, hostname, access by root (that also fails - WTF!) all with
>> same error. Yet wordpress just chugs along.
>>
>> Ideas?
>

>I'm not an expert, but the database permissions might specify a remote
>host but not a local one. Also, selinux or iptables restricting
>127.0.0.1 might impact things.
>
>Can you cli as wordpress from the wordpress host?

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.