[ale] please bow your head for a moment of silence...

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Sep 9 18:41:40 EDT 2017

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 00:17:53 -0400
Solomon Peachy <pizza at shaftnet.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 07:28:45AM -0400, Jerald Sheets wrote:

> > I’ll stick with what has worked extremely well for almost 50
> > years.
>
> By that same token we should still have pay phones on every street
> corner.  They worked great for much longer, after all.
>
>  - Solomon

You systemd guys just can't help using the Appeal to Novelty Fallacy,
can you? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_novelty)

Just because newer phones are better (in most regards) than older
phones doesn't mean that newer inits are better than older inits.

And of course, systemd is about the same age as superior inits like
Runit and s6.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr